Community Capacity Buildings means to empower and let the community take ownership and responsibility of the project or program. It means that you should know and have an understanding of the community. To do this it would be advisable to do a SWOT (Strengths, Weakness Opportunities and Threats) analysis of the community. Speak to the key people in the community. Have an awareness of what is happening in the community. You need to establish relationships and partnerships with all members of the community.
What is Community Capacity Building?
Before any Community Capacity Building is to take place;-
- You need to build the trust and respect with the community.
- Have a knowledge and understanding of what the Community protocols are.
- Provide advice to Council Executive; ensure that community consultation and engagement has happened through the entire process.
- Need to get the community involved in the process.
- Ensure you have open dialogue with the community, be honest and don’t make promises.
- Provide feedback to the community at all stages through the process of Community Capacity Building.
What is Cross Cultural Awareness?Read more
What is Leadership & Governance?Read more
What is Cross Cultural Training?Read more
What is Reconciliation Action Plans?Read more
What are Health Plans?Read more
Having worked with Ms Dianne Borella for several years, in education, health and community development activities, I want to thoroughly commend her passion, understanding and enthusiasm for increasing cross-cultural awareness, and mutual respect among all cultures...
Dr Robbie Lloyd